1. Our commitment to privacy
Home Termite Control Pty Ltd (ACN 146 018 135) and its subsidiaries, related entities and affiliates (together, “Home Termite Control”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respect your privacy and we are committed to compliance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
2. Collection of your personal information
Home Termite Control will collect your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Direct collection
We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when purchasing our membership products via the Website;
- in administering and performing our contracts with you following a purchase from the Website;
- from Website account opening online forms and other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- whilst administering any of our services;
- when you enter any promotions we run from time to time; and
- during telephone calls.
3. Types of personal information we collect
3.1 Personal Information
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details including email address.
We usually obtain personal information directly from our customers through application or other forms, including forms submitted via this Website and from maintaining records of information provided in the course of ongoing customer service.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products or services.
We may collect personal information by other means from time to time, for example, through market research, surveys or special offers, to enable us to improve our service or consider the wider needs of our customers or potential customers.
3.2 Information collected from this Website
If you register on the Website or contact us via this Website by email or otherwise, we may collect personal information you provide such as your name, address and email address.
If you do not provide any information we request we may not be able to provide our goods and services to you.
4. The purposes for which we collect personal information
We will only collect and hold personal information for the primary purposes of:
- providing you with our membership products and services;
- managing and administering those products and services, including account opening procedures; and
- fulfilling our related legal obligations. In particular, we may be required to collect certain personal information in order to comply with government legislation and regulations.
5. How we use or disclose your personal information
Personal information collected via the Website may be accessible by PayPal or any other external credit facility providers engaged by Home Termite Control to process payments on Home Termite Control’s behalf. Your consent to this disclosure is required in order to open an account on the Website. If you do not consent to this disclosure, we may not be able to provide the goods and services offered via the Website to you.
We, and our agents, will only use and disclose your personal information as permitted by the National Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act.
5.1 Primary purpose
Some of the primary purposes for which we use and disclose personal information include:
- Maintaining customer records;
- Delivery and supply of goods and services;
- Account keeping, invoicing and debt collection;
- Locating and/or retrieving our membership products;
- Administering our accounts with you;
- Account opening procedures, including credit reference checks and obtaining credit reports from credit reporting agencies;
- Registering our security interests under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth); and
- Administering any customer loyalty rewards programme or promotional competitions you may enter.
5.2 Secondary purpose
We may also use and disclose your personal information we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which we may collect your personal information include:
- marketing our goods and services to you;
- product development;
- customer and market research;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Home Termite Control; and
- to keep you informed of any changes to our business, goods and services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
5.3 Can you ‘opt out’?
Individuals who do not wish to receive marketing information can opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer (see paragraph 11 below).
6. Security of personal information
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
7. Keeping personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date?
Home Termite Control takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If any of your personal details change or you discover any errors in your personal information we hold, please contact us as soon as possible to help us keep our records accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may, if permitted by law, refuse to change our records of your personal information. If this occurs, we will provide you with reasons as to why this has occurred.
8. You have the right to access your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information held by us and we will generally provide it to you but in some cases we may, where and to the extent we are permitted by law, refuse access to that information. If we do refuse access we will provide reasons.
To make a request, you will need to obtain and complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. We may charge a fee for providing you with such access to your personal information.
10. Transfers of personal information overseas
As the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of that information worldwide. By trading and communicating with us, you acknowledge and agree to us using and disclosing your personal information in this way.
11. Contacting us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Privacy Officer, Home Termite Control Unit 1 Building 5, 49 Frenchs Forest Road Frenchs Forest NSW 2086.